Friday, May 22, 2009

so maybe I'm a bit of a druggie

So, I've been a little under the weather. No fever as far as I know, but then again my thermometer hasn't read anything other than 96.5 since college.

Monday it was bad; my throat was on fire. I got off work at 3 and crashed for the rest of the night.

Tuesday I started to get snotty and phlegmy, so I dug through my bathroom drawers until I found some old Claritin. The box had long since disappeared, and there's no room for directions on the blister-pack-things.

Sometime in my 24 (24, right? maybe 23) years I came to the conclusion that pills were pills and are to be taken every 3 to 4 hours. I didn't think twice about it, I just swallowed the pill and chased it with a delicious Halls® cherry cough drop.

Apparently I was wrong. Waaaay wrong.

According to the box I bought tonight, the directions are as follows:
adults and children 6 years and over - 1 tablet daily; not more than 1 tablet in 24 hours


In the last two days I've taken 8.


Ah well, I'll bounce back. You're only supposed to eat one cough drop every two hours, too. I've emptied two bags in three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment