Friday, October 2, 2009

with my mind on my money and my money on my mind

I hate money.

More specifically, I hate my dependence on money and my seemingly constant deficiency.


I know that I am a spoiled/blessed American who doesn't truly understand what it means to go without something I need, but that knowledge does not make it any easier to open my mailbox and face the reality of balances and due dates and expiration notices.

I'm not asking to be a kept woman, I would simply like the opportunity to work hard, doing something I feel good about, and earn enough to pay the bills.

My one-year anniversary at my current job is in a few weeks, and I can honestly say that I like my job. Some days are bad, I let it stress me out too much, but all in all, I like it.

I don't make much. After four [small] raises I am still making significantly less than I was at my last job. Still, that's not a problem. The inconsistency in scheduling is my nightmare, going from 30-something hours a week to fourteen and having no security even in that is killing me.


I need to make more money.
I need new health insurance.
I need to go to the dentist.
I need new contacts.
I "need " a lot of things. My highest concern at the moment is the extreme pain coming from someplace behind my eyes. Therefore, goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. I actually just got finished writing about this.

    I'd say to look at all of the things you want to get with more money. Do you actually need all of them? Erasing the demand for those things in yourself witll erase the need for more money.

    Also, do you spend a lot weekly?

    ReplyDelete