Friday, November 6, 2009

perspective

I feel that my attention span is getting smaller as I'm getting older.  I have dozens of unfinished posts from the past few months that will probably never be published.  Why is it so hard for me to finish things?  When I cleaned my living room (should probably just call it the shop) I collected so many unfinished projects.  My bathroom wall was abandoned before I even primed.  Even now, as I type, there are three or four dishes sitting is soapy water, waiting for me to come back and rinse. 

I have such great intentions, but my follow-through rate is pitiful.

But, let's put this in perspective...
A year ago I started a new job.  During the two months prior to that I was unemployed and beyond depressed.  By July of 2008 I'd lost count of the different medicines I'd tried that year.  Nothing worked.  I slept, cried, cut, and slept some more, all the while overwhelmed by a desperate desire to end it.
It was bad.  You don't even know.  [And for that matter, I don't even know.  My mind blocks out most memories from that fark days]


So, the books that pile up, unfinished, the laundry that waits to be hung, the four month old unsent birthday cards. . . its all going to be ok .  I have a [seriously] long way to go, but I'm moving in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment