Wednesday, December 30, 2009

shadowbox your ears

My parents are fairly anti-stuff, especially stuff I can afford, so finding good Christmas presents is difficult.  This year my dad got a Weird Al cd and bumpons.  Awesome, right?

My mom's present was a few days late but turned out pretty nice.  When I was home for Thanksgiving I found a box of my grandpa's medals from his time in the Army Air Corp, so I borrowed those and a few pictures and arranged them in a shadowbox for her.




Here's a close-up of the inside:






































I tried a few different mounting techniques with a mat board background but ended up using some heavy scrap fabric and painting it black.  Its not perfect and as I continue to learn more about framing I may steal it back and re-work some parts.  But for now, voila.


No comments:

Post a Comment