Wednesday, June 22, 2011

or maybe I'm just peter pan

Lately I've been wondering if I missed my calling as a junior high literature teacher...
Don't get me wrong, I still don't like kids, but junior high people are in the midst of chaos, much like myself, so I feel their pain...kinda...
Also, I'm addicted to audiobooks.  Seriously addicted.  For really real.  And I find myself drawn to YA fiction.  Partly its the length...I'm afraid of most books audiobooks that last more than ten hours.  Seven-ish hours is ideal.  Maybe its ADD, maybe just a fear of commitment.  Whatever the reason, most YA books fit this requirement.
I wanted to like the Twilight stuff, but I'm sorry, I just couldn't.  Too much scifi and melodrama.  My favorite?  Anything by John Green.  Once, while listening to Looking for Alaska, I did the ugly cry in the middle of Funwash.

Awkward, yes...but this was Funwash.

No comments:

Post a Comment