Saturday, November 26, 2011

Suppose...

As much as I'd love to be labelled as a "creative," what I'd really love is to be a "facilitator."

I am the queen of unfinished projects.  Great ideas that reach various stages of fruition but never reach that point of completion.  I'm not so vain that I think this is a problem only I have.  I'm sure there are so many other with closets, portfolios, and hard drives full of works-in-progress.

My initial thought was "Someday, when I run a gallery and frame shop I'll have specific shows featuring unfinished work.  But what if we as a community of artists gathered to hold some sort of unfinished project collective. . . A place to share ideas and inspire each other. . . Musicians, painters, knitters, poets, etc. . . All media, all stages welcome.

How can I make this happen?
Or am I the only kook with more half finished canvases than shoes?

No comments:

Post a Comment