Thursday, July 24, 2014

Nola...

The idea of going on a road trip with 20 people I don't really know is/was absurd, and I changed my mind approximately 427 times before I committed to going (by "committed to going" I mean "got into the van").

On one hand, I feel like I have grown up going on "mission trips," but so much has changed in my life in the past few years, and the process is far from over.

I was afraid I'd freak out...I did.
I was afraid my meds (or lack of) would cause problems...they did.
I was afraid I'd cry in front of everyone...and I did.

Looking back I realize that I only wanted God to fix and/or protect me from certain things, most of which centered on my comfort, my convenience, and my pride.
Although he made his presence clear in all theses areas, he didn't "fix" things like I'd hoped. Instead he...

No comments:

Post a Comment