Tuesday, March 18, 2008

FYI, Music You Should Hear, & A Jumbled Ramble

A Few of D's Laws

#64: Once you've graduated you're no longer allowed to call it "spring break," its now called "vacation" (the exception being teachers, they're pretty much all saints in my eyes so they can call it whatever the flip they want)
Breaks are given, vacations are taken.

#72: If you have significantly large boobs that are even close to face-level on me, do not expect a full frontal hug. Thats just the way it is.

#80: Headphones+Singing in a room full of cubicles=Seriously? You should know better...





Let's play a game...Its called "Go listen to these songs"
Ready?

  • Run to You, The Rocket Summer
  • Blanket of Ghosts, Dustin Kensrue
    (also try Pistol and I Knew You Before)
  • Catch Your Fall, Gavin Mikhail
  • Overboard, Matthew
  • Amazing Because It Is, The Almost
Go.



I read this somewhere the other day:
...hanging out with people who i agree with, people who think the same as me, people who are like me, makes a clique not a community... (Paul Mayers)


Think about that.
I'm the worst at community. Honestly, people exhaust me. But I know that we were created for relationships, so I'm trying.
Still, I get so fed up with the complacency. I see people who have no desire to connect with anyone different. Then there are others who are content with the small group they've surrounded themselves with, and never consider the possibility of new relationships.

But I don’t think a network of friends necessarily equals a living, breathing community of people. Come to think of it, most of my friends don’t even know each other. I can bounce from one friend to another—or one group to another—without a second thought. Even my church feels like a nice weekly gathering of people I barely know. I am not surrounded by a tightly woven web of people who experience life together. (Amy Simpson)


Busyness, insecurity, and just general self centered thinking are our roadblocks.

The answer?
If I knew, I might not be sitting alone right now, typing my thoughts to a faceless (and possibly nonexistent) audience. I'd probably be sharing my heart and life with someone else. . . connecting.

I wish people didn't make me claustrophobic.
I wish I didn't have walls.
I wish I could stop running away.

I've got a feeling, it's hard to explainFeels like the devil rents a room in my brain
The things I'm ashamed of, feel like dear old St Paul

The things that I wanna do, I don't do at all

No comments:

Post a Comment