Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Other People's Words

"We are all born with a deep desire to please God, housed in the flesh and bone of human limitation. It is a good desire. I believe it is a God given desire. One that can either be unleashed through a hand-in-hand relationship with the true God or crushed under the foot of religious guilt and obligation. For there is a fine line between pleasing and performing."
-Jarrett Stevens, The Deity Formerly Known as God



"Truth, in the end, is not a propositional statement, its a man. If you know the Man you know the Truth."
-Tony Campolo


"Almost every day I feel momentary flashes of hopelessness and wonder every time whether I am slipping. For a petrifying instant here and there, a lightning-quick flash, I want a car to run me over and I have to grit my teeth to stay on the sidewalk until the light turns green; or I imagine how easily I might cut my wrists; or I taste the metal tip of a gun in my mouth; or I picture going to sleep and never waking up again. I hate those feelings, but I know they have driven me to look deeper at life, to find and cling to reasons for living. I cannot find it in me to regret entirely the course my life has taken."
-Andrew Solomon, The Noonday Demon




And this is great:

No comments:

Post a Comment