Monday, April 28, 2008

Miscellaneous Monday Medley

Weekend goodies:




random lumber + paint = fun times





This one is still a work in progress. I can't decide if I want to add something else, a border maybe? Something texturey an monochromatic I think. . . Its a present for Miss Ellie. Maybe she'll give me Frank in return.

Doubt it.



I think figuring out if and how I can do something is half the fun for me in artsyness. I love the macgyver aspect of it. Once the hard part is over I lose interest and distract myself with something else. Perhaps this is why I have so many unfinished projects lying around, and why things like this are not uncommon:






I called my mom last night to ask if I could steal a clothes drying rack and we ended up talking for half an hour at least. Those are the good times. She said "throwback" and I giggled. My dad got picked up in a squad car last night, and he's way too proud of that. Apparently he's taking some kind of "police school" class at SEARK. I'm sure I'll hear all about it in this week's letter.



I spent most of last night clutching a heating pad to my head. It hasn't hurt that badly in a long time, possibly ever. At one point I was picturing myself calling for help through the floorboards, I believe there were tears involved, and I'm not sure that I fell asleep or just eventually passed out from the pain. But alas, it is Monday morning and all is well (as "well" as things ever are).





Love isn't how you feel. It's what you do.
-Madeleine L'Engle


Il faut plus d'amour dans le monde.


Life begins at the intersections.
-Jon Foreman




This week's music recommendations:
I am a Pirate, You are a Princess, PlayRadioPlay!
Gazing, Future of Forestry

Throwback tune of the week:
The Wonderful Cross, Phillips, Craig & Dean
(Don't knock it. I put it on my playlist Saturday then we sang it last night at church, so it more than qualifies.)


Coming soon: "How I got called out in a text message" and making a decision by refusing to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment