Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Apparently you have to leave your apartment to get involved in people's lives.
I'm not always so good at that.

Saturday I sent Erin a text saying I wasn't going to meet them to carpool to the wedding. I told her that I was getting good at talking myself out of these things.

"Just because you're good at talking yourself out of things doesn't mean you should. And there will always be things that need to get done," was her reply.

Ouch.

I've gotten good at being a recluse lately, and I can only blame part of it on the narcolepsy.* I can point out the problems with programs, but what am I doing?

Fear, baggage, bitterness...its easy to hide behind these walls. Its comfortable inside, just me and Jesus. But if I'm not loving others, its crap. "Our doings don't define us, they reveal what is true about us."

The truth about me isn't pretty, but grace...




*yeah, we'll just call it that.

No comments:

Post a Comment