Tuesday, August 12, 2008

overboard



Overboard, by Matthew

Monsters on the shore are getting nearer
Smoke and scream and fire
I don't remember when infection came into the healer
Voices in my head say it's now or never

Overboard. . . let me fall from the death and slumber
Just pretend you're sailing, safely. . . throw me overboard

Zombie heads on cold, plastic shoulders
Faces only hide the brooding fear

Overboard. . . let me fall. . . to the waters. . . catch me
Come into me. . . floating, still. . . and safer, overboard

We're all so far away
We lie beneath the stars
No one ever told you. . . you're free

Overboard. . . let me fall. . . from the death and slumber. . .
Just pretend you're sailing safely. . .
Throw me overboard...
Let me fall. . . to the waters. . .
Catch me. . . come into me. . .
Floating, still. . . and safer. . .

Overboard



No comments:

Post a Comment